Most homeowners buying a new appliance believe that appliance installation is a piece of cake. Whether it is a fridge, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, garbage disposal, it is becoming increasing difficult and cumbersome task to install home appliances. You can no longer just plug-in and start using it.
Today, it is a complex process that is best handled by appliance installation specialists. The appliances will not run smoothly, if they are not assembled and installed correctly. Besides, if the appliance is not installed properly, it can damage itself. Improper kitchen appliances installation can result in a bad plumbing installation or gas connection, a missed wire, and finally, you will get a much bigger project on your hands. Hiring installation professionals will not only save time, but will protect your house. If you still want to do it without getting professional help, here are a few tips to help you.
- If you have to remove your current dishwasher or washing machine, disconnect the power supply, drain line and water supply, shut the gas. Once all the three connections are removed, you can safely remove the machine. When installing the new one, you can use the existing power supply and drain line. It is better to replace the existing water supply line with a new copper line, as it is more durable.
- Choose a safe location for appliance installation
- If the appliance is very heavy, avoid installing it yourself, as it could damage the appliance, flooring or the cabinets.
- If you are installing for the first time, make sure you read the installation manual included with the machine. Follow all the instructions carefully.
- Check necessary connections.
- Make sure the power supply is turned off.
- Install a circuit breaker trip to prevent electric overload.
These tips are only meant to guide and help you. If you are not confident about appliance installation, it is best to get professional help. It is particularly important if the warranty of the appliance depends on it. Appliance installation specialists think about safety and test the work of your new purchase.