In addition to potential electrical over-consumption, a dirty filter can also cause serious damage to your device and cause unwanted breakdowns that little DIY talent will not be able to fix. If you want to avoid all its annoyances, remember to regularly maintain your air conditioner.
Reversible air conditioning maintenance is not only useful, it is mandatory to ensure the efficiency and durability of the device. From its state depend the quality of the air in every room of your house?
Reversible air conditioning maintenance: when and how often?
The frequency with which a reversible air conditioning needs to be cleaned depends on the model. In general, this information is indicated in the instructions for use that are provided to you with the device for purchase. To determine when to clean your filters, you should refer to this manual.
Some devices also have indicators that light up automatically when the filters need servicing. When your device sends you this signal accordingly, you no longer have to waste time! We must clean!
Regardless of the type of device however, in most cases the filters should be cleaned every two to three weeks. If you have these models that can purify the air or deodorize it, you have to maintain the purifier every three months and the deodorizer every two or three years.
In all cases, if the refrigerant of your reversible air conditioning exceeds 2kg, maintenance by a professional is mandatory every year.
How to clean your reversible air conditioner?
Cleaning your reversible air conditioning is not rocket science. Normally, the steps are already explained in detail in the user manual supplied with the device. Since each model is different and has its peculiarities, it is more prudent to refer to it.
But as a rule, reversible air-conditioning maintenance boils down to these simple things:
- Step 1 : Turn off the device
- Step 2: Open the unit and dust off the filters with a vacuum cleaner.
- Step 3: Clean the filters with a sponge soaked in soapy water.
- Step 4: Rinse and dry thoroughly, then enclose the indoor unit.
- Step 5: Clear the outdoor unit of any debris that may interfere with proper operation.
- Step 6: Clean it later with a damp cloth or sponge if necessary.
Maintenance reversible air conditioning: when to call a professional?
Already, if you feel left out and not at all of the attack for the maintenance of your air conditioner, it is better to entrust this task to aircon servicing. A quick quote will help you determine how much it will cost you.
If you feel the soul of a good handyman on the other hand, you can do the monthly maintenance yourself. The refrigerant or climaticist should only work in exceptional cases:
- Once a year for any installation containing more than 2 kg of refrigerant, in order to check the tightness of your device. After the inspection, the professional must normally issue you a document attesting to his intervention.
- Once a year for any installation containing more than 3 kg of refrigerant, in order to control the equipment. The establishment of an annual control register with a validity of 5 years is necessary for this type of device. At each intervention, this document must be signed by the owner of the air conditioner and the professional intervener
- In case of breakdown.
When should you consider a reversible air conditioning maintenance contract?
Reversible air conditioning installation when you use a device with a refrigerant exceeding 2 kg, it is more convenient to sign a service contract. This allows you to benefit from the regular intervention of aircon servicing, whether or not there are technical problems. Your device will be constantly in good condition and you will not risk any sudden interruption of operation.
By subscribing to a reversible air-conditioning maintenance contract, you can benefit from an annual preventive visit that will allow a specialist to carry out the expertise and thorough check of your device. He will make sure that it works:
- The water tightness of the installation;
- Electrical connections;
- Drums ;
Providing advice and explanations, it will also ensure that the installation is not contaminated by any fungi or bacteria and in addition to control, make mechanical and / or electrical adjustments if there are problems.