When you have an air conditioning, you have to take care of it. Properly maintaining your equipment is essential for it to remain efficient and you can benefit from it optimally.
Do you have air conditioning in your home? What happiness when it starts to get hot … But to keep a healthy air and a material with optimal performance, a little maintenance is necessary. Wondering how to clean the air conditioning? How often? How to clean the air conditioning filter? Stay cool; we answer all your questions.
To ensure a long life for your fixed or mobile air conditioner, regular maintenance is essential.
How to clean the air conditioning?
Do you plan to install an air conditioning system? Already have an air conditioning? Whether reversible, fixed or mobile, beyond the traditional maintenance that you can do yourself, the intervention of a professional is necessary for cleaning and a check of the proper functioning.
When it works, the air conditioning is adored, but when it breaks down, it’s always at the worst time, when it’s very hot! Which is normal, since it is at this moment that you ask for it the most? It is in these moments that we regret not having followed the maintenance recommendations of his climaticist installer.
How to clean the air conditioning filter?
The air conditioner filter is very important; it is he who protects you from allergens, pollution and dust. It is recommended to clean it once a year at least. Here’s how to clean the air conditioner filter, first make sure your air conditioner is turned off.
- Open the panel to access the filters removes the filters.
- Check the appearance of the filter. If you see holes or any other anomaly then you will have to change the filter. If the condition is good, just clean it.
- Clean the filter with lukewarm water.
- Let the filter dry in the open air, once perfectly dry, you can put it back on your air conditioner.
A clean and in good condition filter protects you from the pollution of the air and bacteria.
To be sure to make the best use of your air conditioning, it is recommended to subscribe to an annual maintenance contract as soon as you install it. But everything depends on the air conditioning system you have chosen:
- If your system is a backup solution, consisting of a mobile air conditioner, whether monobloc or split, maintenance will be reduced compared to installation and maintenance of a reversible air conditioning.
- If you have a reversible air conditioning, be aware that the regulation requires a professional to check the tightness of the refrigerant circuit for devices containing more than 2 kg of fluid or appliances with a cooling capacity greater than 12kW.
This inspection must take place every 5 years at least, the first inspection must be carried out 3 years after the commissioning of the air conditioning with a cooling capacity greater than 12 kW. This tightness control is often included in the maintenance contract of your air conditioning.
Maintain a monobloc air conditioner or split mobile: a great cleaning
You want to keep a device ensuring good thermal performance and this as long as possible? Some gestures will allow you this:
The filter must be changed and a complete cleaning must be done when servicing your mobile air conditioner: ventilation and condensation systems, ducts and ventilation ducts.
Aircon servicing Singapore advises you to remove the filter and clean it with soapy water. The frequency of this small cleaning can be monthly for an electrostatic filter, bi-annual for an activated carbon filter.
Take care of your device by dusting it regularly: both outside and inside using your vacuum cleaner at the air conditioner grilles. Think about doing this regular cleaning when the air conditioner is off!
Maintain a fixed air conditioner: a professional job
Your fixed air conditioner contains a refrigerant, which can be harmful. Its maintenance therefore requires the intervention of a professional to avoid any incident (short circuit, fire or leak).
The maintenance of a fixed air conditioner is annual, do not forget it and do not forget it. It is better to have your air conditioning checked every year and not suffer a breakdown. They always occur in high season, when you use your air conditioner and it is hot.
The professional must during the interview:
- control the pressure of your air conditioner
- clean the device and its filters
- check that the fluid system is leak